Small steps - Thur 9/10/08.

Thur 9/10/08. How good is it to see stairs in your house for the first time???? I have rated this a milestone in our construction (hence big red font on my blog timeline). Yes I had kind of grown fond of our aluminium ladder (think I've clocked up around 3klms climbing on this), but oh the feeling of walking up stairs for the first time....!! Savoured every step. I'm sure most of you will know the feeling. (I am told by those who claim to know that I will be sick of them within 3 months...!!)

Pressure cleaning of outside of house has now been completed. (exception being the planned rendered areas at the front, incl' neighbours bricks! Ref previous entry). Cleaned bricks have come up well.

The plumber has returned and repaired the damaged bathroom shower drain (reported in my previous entry) but this is at the cost of a nice big and unplanned hole in my family room ceiling, which now needs to be plugged.

A visit tonight shows lots of new material having arrived today. Internal doors, frames, skirtings, shelves, oven, fridge, bed (ok ok.....wishful thinking on the last 3...!!). All stored in the family room and awaiting what I hope will be an efficient and friendly fixing carpenter. Perhaps a start tomorrow. Petal. Will let you know how my welcome is should I visit the site..!

Still no sign of a garage roof as yet. Looking at H2Bs Cremorne with their garage bolted on, it certainly makes their house look more complete and in proportion. Mine still has that "missing bits" look about it.
.

.

.

.

The scaffolding still clamped to the rear roof has meant my eaves have copped a battering from the rain earlier this week.

.

4 comments:

Toni said...

woo hoo! Excitement plus! The first three photos look like my house ;-)

Stairs are great aren't they? Just as good as plaster - huge milestone.

Sorry to hear about your eaves. Will they have to replace them?

Garage makes a HUGE difference, you'll love it when it's done. Certainly does balance the house.

Looking forward to seeing the "fixing" photos.

Anonymous said...

I know that excitement of seeing stairs. I think its because it finally joins the 2 floors together and starts to feel like a complete house.

Once the fixing starts, you will really see the inside taking shape. Exciting times!
Liana

Petal said...

Stairs and bricks look excellent, DG. Hope you get a more friendly fixer than us - and a faster one, ours seems very slooooowww!

Funny how they seem to do things in a different order sometimes - I know ours is all over the place. Your garage will come soon ;-)

Awallace said...

Hi David

House progressing well. PD always stuff up the rail position. Sorry to say, but your rail is in the wrong position.

The light switch will be placed under the rail, with its current location, which is NOT good unless you want bruised writs.....

The rail will need to be moved higher up the wall. I will email you a pic of our rail position.

Also make sure PD plaster your inner stair wall. It looks much nicer plastered. In future you may want to use it as a cloak room, etc.

Chat soon

Andy