Excitement building... Tue 11/11/08

Hi everyone. I have just returned from an annual getaway with 8 mates that I have known for 20 years. 4 days at Wilsons Prom. Hiking, fishing, eating fantastic food, lots of laughter, and a few drinks to wash it all down. We do this every year the week after cup weekend and go to a different location each time. Really look forward to it.

While away, I kept in touch with most of the blogs via my Blackberry. Not so easy given the small screen, but still good enough to read the progress of the blogs I follow. Clearly some great progress with some, and a few headaches for others.

I noted H2Bs entry stating how they now had garage doors as well as internal door fittings..!! As we are tracking roughly the same in our builds (as well as same house), I couldn't wait to get home today and rush around to our house, hoping to see similar progress.

No garage door/s or internal door fittings, but lots of other goodies nonetheless. And some good news from SS who happened to be at the house. More below...
.

Garage ceiling is now in
.

Downpipes plumbed into storm water
.

All taps now fitted ...and working. Pantry above
..




Ensuite. Tiles and taps
..




All toilets now in....and flushing. (Yes I tested...)
.


mmmm....the red will need to grow on me...




Powder room.




All aircon and heating ducts installed.
.


Aircon and heating control. No upgrade here....just standard.
.


So....all good progress.
SS claims that Electrician is due tomorrow to pull through all power points and lights. Shower screens are due next week and splashback around the 19th. Carpenter will return next week to finish eaves, then painter to paint these, as well as new garage ceiling and alfresco. All good news.
.
SS then hinted at possible handover. I wont quote him here, and we wont get over confident just yet, but needless to say that Sue and I drive home quite happy...!!

8 comments:

Toni said...

sob sob sob.....for me not you..... :-)

After your email yesterday I have been dying to see whats been happening at yours. Looking great!

I like the extended tiling. Do you? Think the red looks great in the niche, gives the shower a lift. Huge progress, must have been nice to see.

Bring on handover! oh and I like the render on the Windsor opposite, are they nearly done?

Glad you had a great weekend away.

BelleBeau said...

Love those red tiles in the powder room, they look great. All in all things are really moving along for you guys.. hmmm do I hear jingle bells at the new home???

DeGaul said...

Hi Toni. I'm wrapped with what they acheived today, although I would love to have your completed garage..!
The extended tiling in the PR looks good, and comes up just short of being "too much".
The red shower niche...? Well...give me a little more time. (think I'll blame Sue for this selection he,he).
Agree with you on the Windsor. Think they are are a smart look from the front and yes I like their render combination. But it is really dragging its feet a little..!

Belle... Baring catastrophe, yes Santa may have an additional present for us DeGauls..

Bernadette and Perry said...

DG - progress is fantastic. It's great to take a virtual walk through your place, because even though our houses are the same, they are different. I'm a bit worried about you... reading blogs on your Blackberry? I've never attempted to on the 8100, perhaps I'm missing out! :-)

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Degaul, great progress guy and is really beginning to look like a home. The red niche, we were told that we couldn't have them so jealous from that perspective.
R&C

DeGaul said...

Hi Perry. Mate... if the current blogs weren't so enjoyable and knowledgeable to read, I certainly wouldn't bother reading them, let alone respond to them from my Blackberry..!! I do have the latest 9000 Bold (slick), so while screen resoltion and connection speed (NextG) is very good, yes it's still a small screen.

Would love to read through your list of 3mth issues. Any chance of sharing with us (via blog or email)?

R&C. You saying you weren't allowed to have differnet colour tiles in your shower niche...? Haven't heard of this.

Petal said...

We've been away, too, and I cannot believe the progress on yours & Toni's places!!! You must be thrilled - and, although we started 4 months after you, I think you may still beat us to handover yet!!! :-(

Bernadette and Perry said...

Hi DG - I'm planning on putting up the mother of all blog posts once our 3 month maintenance has passed. The list of issues is huge, and the fact that some of our PCI items are still not done, is REALLY pissing us off. I'm not one to complain on the blog, but things will change soon!