How slow is this week going?....Sat 29/11/08.

Sat 29/11/08.


I visited the site today for the usual look through the windows, only to find the laundry door unlocked. (hit me if I look surprised). I'm thinking that PD may as well give me a set of keys, given I am finding the house unlocked too often, and then having to lock it up for them...!!
Being so close to completeion, I am more than ever wanting the house to be LOCKED. Would rather be frustrated at not being able to get in, than getting a call telling me the place has been trashed.
.
Anyway, some further works completed during the week in readiness for this Mondays PCI. As can be seen above (and a few snaps below), I now have shiny red front doors. The painter has returned and glossed these, as well as the rear bifolds. (The bugger left the frame around the front doors in satin though....!!). The finish on the doors isn't quite to the standard of Da Vinci, but they look striking nonetheless.
.
With the exception of just a few, all the stickers and dots that were applied last week have been removed. From memory, most issues have been actioned, but yes, there are a few noticeable areas that have not been corrected.
.
.
This time, I remembered to fire up those downlights against the splash, and was quite pleased with the result.
.

.

Sunset over the DeGauls.
.

Liana. Note the distribution of brick pattern on the side wall......!! Suzi only noticed this today from this photo. We're not stressing, but clearly..............you are not alone...!
.
.
A story here, and some advice. I rang to arrange the lead-in cable for the phone connection to the house. This requires a trench to be run 300mm deep from the electrical pit (bottom center of pic) to my meter box, around 6mtrs. I was quoted $400 for the trench, or I could do it myself - no charge. Needless to say that as busy as I am over the next few weeks, I will be digging the trench. .
.
.
Long awaited garage door
.

Bifolds looking good

.
35hrs and 7min to PCI...........

8 comments:

Awallace said...

Hi David

1 sleep to go, for your PCI. Hope all goes well. Inspect everything, test everything, and dont look too closely to the painted walls, save your eyesight for more important things.

Ask about door seals for all exterior doors... also open and close every window, make sure its not hard to open, check each window for ease of opening, some can be quite difficualt to open, to to a bent track etc. Check for any scratches in the glass, doors & windows....if so they will have to replaced. They CANNOT be fixed. Also check the sliding door frame's for bad scratches. Check also both shower drains, they are usually blocked, with tile grout....this is very imp......

Call me later if you want more tips...


Good luck

Andy

DeGaul said...

Thanks Andy. I've already got your list from the other day, so adding your points with mine, I think I have most things covered.
Having said that, I would love to climb into the roof and check for any evidence of water leakage..! I'm sure you saw Toni's blog last week

Petal said...

David, that door looks absolutely sensational with it's gloss coat - you won't miss your place ...which may be very helpful after a few celebratory drinks..... ;-) !!!

Hope your PCI goes well, as I'm sure it will...then the real countdown begins - not long at all now!!! :-)

THE HOLIDAY GANG said...

Hi DG
Have to agree with Petal as the front doors look sensational.
We have also had problems with our place being left open and have had to lock up ourselves and let our SS know.
How exciting to have your PCI tomorrow. Hope all goes well - don't let them rush you.
How helpful is Andy with all his tips - we will be making note of his lists ourselves.
Await your next post with anticipation....

DeGaul said...

Thanks Petal. I've developed quite a list of issues to be raised at PCI, but looking through them, most are minor. We DO have 2 plaster bows (HT room and stairwell) which may present a challenge, so will be interesting to hear what PD propose with these.

Gang. The doors have certainly come alive with the gloss, although I'm going to have a closer look at the actaul finish on them tomorrow..!!
Andy has an incredible knowledge of the building, inspection and sign-off process. We had a fantastic afternoon with Andy and his wife Simone (as well as the Neils) at their new Cremorne recently, and were amazed at his knowledge.

BelleBeau said...

Hi David and Suzi, that kitchen splashback looks very, very special with the lights fired up. Fingers crossed that everything goes well with the PCI for you.

Awallace said...

Hi David, & the Gang...Thanks for the nice comments.

I believe in research & life's experiences. I had spent over 12 months of research, endless hours visiting cremorne display homes, talking to PD staff, and meeting senior managers within PD..Gathering all the advice & tips and place into a big pot and take out only what you need...

I knew nothing about building prior to building our cremorne. I wasnt even aware of the blogs till half way through our build process. All that research paid off..... And now I dont mind sharing my knowledge.

The secret to a good quality built home is a friendly, flexible supervisor, good tradies, that take care in there work, an experienced sales person & reliable admin person. And of course, daily visits to your home verifying, inspecting, quering, taking endless pics, and making it known to the builder, that you are the one who is paying them, to build your home.....

Hope all other cremorne owners, get a great quality home....:)


Andy

Toni said...

Hi David, funny I was at my sister's house yesterday and I always look at the photos before I read the text. I saw your bricking photo and said to Kim "oh Liana will pick up on that".

Your house is looking fantastic! The Scorpion doors look alot different with the gloss applied, very striking statement indeed. Everything looks nice, splash, lights, sunset pic but where is one with the garage down?? hehehe

I'll also like to jump on the wagon about Andy has his advice. It's been great for me to have a list of tips to work with for when we get to PCI :-)

Hope PCI is going well and again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!