More paint - Sat 25/10/08

Sat 25/10/08. Visit today showed render started. This will eventually be Woodland Grey.

I had initially assumed that the the front pergola post (when eventually bricked) would be rendered as well. On looking at the drawings tonight, this is not the case. So hoping it will look ok against the render.

Internal ceilings now have a top coat of paint throughout the entire house, and we now have a glimpse of what our Home Theatre room walls will look like, as they also have a top coat ("Gray Mood"). No complaints with our selections thus far, but early days, and tiles yet to come..!

Speaking of tiles, the garage roof has been left incomplete for a very good reason. The remaining 60 odd tiles sitting at the front of the house are ALL damaged (refer below), and therefore couldn't be used. Suspect these were damaged during installation/removal of scaffolding..!!

Per request from someone who asked, I have now added our colour selection to our blog (further down on the right)..
.

.

.

.

Home Theatre room. I really wanted this room to have a feel specific for its purpose, including a noticeably darker decor. I'm planning to run a slightly darker carpet in here (instead of laminate, or the lighter carpet we are using elsewhere) and fit the room out with our existing red recliner theatre chairs. The chairs should look great.

.

.

Some internal PD correspondence...!! Love it.
.


In-laws and wife on upstairs balcony from master suite. Render has now hidden those suspect bricks that had been used on the top four rows. (........wife is on the right..........!!)
.


This is one of 3 stacks of tiles, all of which are damaged.
.

9 comments:

Petal said...

Coming along beautifully - those red chairs will look sensational against that dark grey! We're doing the same thing in the HT - Cafe Noir on the walls, and dark chocolate blockout Roman blinds, keeping it darker than the rest.

Good to see the 'cheat bricks' are now history ;-)

Toni said...

hehehe, I'm still laughing over the wife comment having met "your wife".

Wow, can't believe you have that much paint. HT looks fantastic! I think it will be my favourite room in our house. Can't wait to see the red chairs in yours :-)

Thanks for posting up your colours. Think your house is going to look fab when done. Very striking with the splashes of red here and there.

Hey, that pole looks straight in that second photo! LOL!

Bernadette and Perry said...

Broken tiles - I think we had more broken tiles on the job than we had good tiles. Like the paint in the theatre. Decided what's going in there? I'm looking at HD projectors. Ouch! Looks like ours will be empty for a while.

DeGaul said...

Petal. Cafe Noir... I think I've got an image. Red theatre chairs for sure..hehe

T. Theatre room a favourate for me as well. I'm going to additionally put up 3 or 4 framed posters of some of the movie classics. Will cap of the room nicely.
As for colours? We were always confident around our paint and cabinet colours, but I'm holding my breath on a few tile selections...! You know the feeling?.
Suzi warned me that she wouldn't talk to me if I posted a photo of her on the blog. She aint talking to me...!!

Perry. I am relocating my existing Home Theatre. Mitsubishi projector (from Big Picture People).
I'll post a few snaps of what I have set up in current house, which was at the cost of losing our formal lounge room. (Refer comment above about wife not talking to me...!!)

Toni said...

Yep colours look great David and as per all the other cremornes built I love the view from the front door to the feature wall in the HT! Movie posters sound great, nice finishing touch.

I think your selections sound great and at least they flow...... :-0

Hehe about Suzi not talking to you :-) Nothing wrong with her photo (and you can't see her face).

Oh I see the Windsor opposite still hasn't got a garage roof!

See you this afternoon.

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Great progress guys, looks like with all the writing on the walls that the quality side of the build is picking most things up for you. I saw you had a big roof overhang on the end of the garage was that planned?, looks good. The theatre room color also looks really good, like the idea of movie posters.

R&C

BelleBeau said...

Hi, certainly moving along. Amazing that all those tiles were broken. The amount of things that are broken and replaced is amazing too. Better now than at PCI. Love the grey walls, are the red chairs a cherry red or lipstick red?

THE HOLIDAY GANG said...

Hi DG
Haven't posted for a while and thrilled to see the progress on your build. The render really makes a difference doesn't it!
Love the idea of the red theatre chairs - would like to do that ourselves but will have to wait and see how the final budget works out.
The writing on the wall is interesting..funny the things you see when you have a peek.
We visited our site today and although at lock up we found the house wide open with thousands of dollars of cabinetry, steel ballustrades, sinks etc all inside. We called the SS and he was very surprised the house was open.
He also said PD lifestyle and prestige have now officially merged which is very interesting.
Anyway - good luck with the build. We hope to be contributing a bit more regularly in future...

Unknown said...

I am soooo looking forward to my next stay at the Gauls!